Quinoa, Avocado and Corn Salad Recipe
Disclosure: Recipe and photo courtesy of Kimberly Snyder/The Beauty Detox foods Book.
The quinoa, avocado, and corn salad recipe is perfect for easy entertaining. The only prep needed is to soak the quinoa overnight. Also,it tastes great at room temperature and is mayonnaise free. This makes it perfect to bring to the barbecue, pool party, park or beach!
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups dry quinoa
- Raw kernels or 2 ears of organic corn (preferably white, if available), shaved right from the cob
- 2 avocados, sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 1 Tbs. brown rice vinegar
- Be sure to soak the quinoa overnight in water and rinse well before using.
- In a saucepan bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat, add quinoa and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent and soft (about 10 to 15 minutes). Pour the quinoa through a strainer and set it to the side in a bowl.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth, or simply add them to a small bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the kernels of corn to the quinoa, along with the avocado and chopped onion. Mix well. Pour the dressing on top of the mixture and mix well again.
For more information on Kimberly, The Beauty Detox Foods or her first book, The Beauty Detox Solution please visit: