Fall seems to be all about the Pumpkin Spice Latte. While I love a piping hot coffee as much as anyone, what if you could combine all those flavors into a baked good?
Well I just did! These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes contain real pumpkin and a punch of real coffee. You may want to eat these pumpkin spice cupcakes for breakfast, and that’s fine with me. No judgement zone here!
- 2⅔ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Good Quality Espresso Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (Plus additional for garnish)
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (15 Oz.) NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup Coffee, Brewed
- 2¼ Cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Caramel Sauce (If desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, espresso powder, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, sugars, and oil. Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients, a little at a time. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fill cupcake lines ¾ of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush cupcakes 2-3 times with the brewed coffee. Cool completely.
- For the frosting: Whisk cold cream using a chilled bowl/whisk. Gradually add in powdered sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with cinnamon and caramel sauce, if desired.
Recipe adapted via: Annie’s Eats
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Pumpkin Goodies from Blogs I Love:
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread via Averie Cooks
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge via Crazy For Crust
Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls via Inside Bru Crew Life
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake via Two in the Kitchen
No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream /a> via The Flourishing Baker
What do you think of these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes?