Online College Benefits
The beginning of a new year is always exciting. 2013 is especially exciting for me, because it means in a few more days I’ll be starting another semester of college.
While I started out my college at a typical 4 year residential school, I recently made the switch to online college. It has worked wonders for me ,and I’m not sure I’d ever want to go back to a traditional classroom environment. If you’re interested in online learning consider Ivy Bridge College. Their wide range of benefits, and programs tailored to Moms make them an excellent choice.
I’ve found the main online college benefits to be:
1. Make Your Own Schedule: I have never been a morning person. No matter how many cups of coffee I drink, or how many 8 A.M. classes I suffer through it just isn’t happening. With online learning you can watch your lectures any time you’d like.
2. Flexibility: While there are deadlines, it is usually only once a week. This gives you the flexibility to do your assignments when you have the time around your busy work schedule. In addition,this means you’ll never have to miss a baseball game, school play, or even a night out with the girls.
3. Support Services: Ivy Bridge offers free tutoring, and a private online community to connect with other Moms. In addition, you get a weekly coaching session to focus on real world skills like crafting your resume, and interview skills. I think this is their most exciting offering. At regular schools you’re often lucky to get services like these once a semester.
4. Option to Transfer: Academic advisers will work hard to make sure your credits transfer to a local 4 year college if you’d like to continue your studies. As someone who has transferred schools,let me tell you it can be a nightmare! If the second school doesn’t have an equivalent course, you will have wasted not only your time, but your money as well! Luckily Ivy Bridge offers success paths to ensure this doesn’t happen.
5. Cost: Online schools are often significantly cheaper. In fact, cost was the main reason I switched to online learning. I simply couldn’t afford my private college tuition any longer, and was not willing to go deeper into debt. Ivy Bridge costs only 1/3 of what most other private schools do.
In addition, I think Ivy Bridge would be an especially great option for any parent considering going back to school because of the quick turnaround time. My Mom was taking college courses most of my childhood, one course at a time. It was tough on me, but even tougher on her. She would usually attend one class a week from 6-9 P.M. This left me home alone, and her out late on a work night. It also made her weekends and evenings full of assignments for a long time. That’s why I love that Ivy Bridge offers the ability to earn an Associate’s Degree in only 17 months!
Want to take advantage of all the great features Ivy Bridge has to offer? We’ve got a special little something to get you started!
A$1,000 tuition discount for Ivy Bridge College!
To enter please just leave a comment below letting me know why you want to go back to school.
To be eligible for the $1,000 discount off tuition at Ivy Bridge College (IBC), the qualifying individuals will need to be degree seeking, enrolled in IBC a minimum of part-time, and new to IBC (specifically, not someone who has already applied to, enrolled in, or requested information from IBC). Classes at Ivy Bridge College Extension are not eligible for the discount. Limit one per person.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Ivy Bridge College. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating and a discount on classes at Ivy Bridge College.