Easy Zeppole Recipe
Easy Zeppole Recipe: Crispy on the outside, yet light and fluffy on the inside these mini Italian donut holes will become your new favorite breakfast treat. Best of all they take less than 20 minutes , can you guess what secret ingredient makes them so irresistible?
Need a warm delicious breakfast treat to drag you out of bed on these chilly mornings? Try my EASY Italian Zeppole.
This Zeppole Recipe takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and only require a few common ingredients.
Can you guess the secret ingredient that makes this zeppole recipe so light and fluffy? It’s the ricotta! It gives them a wonderful moist yet light and fluffy texture.
Easy, Delicious Zeppole Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2¼ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting, If Desired
- Confectioners Sugar for Dusting or maybe Cinnamon Sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy,
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Fold in ricotta.
- In a large skillet, heat ~2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F. ,inches high.
- Spray a small cookie scoop with non sticky spray. Carefully drop batter scoop by scoop into the hot oil a few at a time.
- Cook for ~3-4 minutes turning frequently.
- Drain on paper towels, and immediately dust with powdered sugar if desired
Easy Zeppole Recipe Adapted via The Cottage Market
Craving more breakfast treats?
Donut Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Peanut Butter Cream Donuts via Crazy For Crust
Chocolate Cake Donuts via Chocolate Chocolate and More
Maple Bacon Donuts via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of this Zeppole Recipe? What’s your favorite donut?