Easy Turkey Cupcakes
Easy Turkey Cupcakes: Moist chocolate cupcakes, topped with chocolate fudge frosting, and decorated to look like a turkey. A great Thanksgiving day dessert!
Want to hear a secret? I don’t really like Thanksgiving. I honestly view it as a speed bump on the way to Christmas.
I mean let’s face it:
1. As a vegetarian: Heavy thanksgiving foods don’t really appeal to me
2. There’s no presents!
3. Dinner often coincides with the time my darling Dallas Cowboys play!
If I do contribute to dinner, it’s usually dessert. These turkey cupcakes are fun and festive. And best of all they’re easier than they look! Turkey Cupcakes would also be super fun to make with the kids!
Easy Turkey Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 4 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Sprinkles
- 1 Bag Candy Corn
- 48 Candy Eyes
- ⅛ Cup Red Candy Melting Chips
- Bake cupcakes according to the box directions. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl cream butter and vanilla together. Stir in cocoa powder and milk. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until your icing reaches the desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
- Along the back of each cupcake insert 5-7 candy corn pieces to resemble feathers.
- Pipe a line of icing down the middle of each cupcake to make a raised area.
- Push one piece of candy corn into the center of the head to resemble the beak. Place 2 eyes above that.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl melt red candy chips for 30-45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pipe below beak to resemble the turkey's waddle.
Thanksgiving Treats from Blogs I Love:
The Great Pumpkin Pie via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Brownie Candy Turkeys via Crazy For Crust
Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Marshmallow Icing via Lauren’s Latest
Adorable Thanksgiving Cookie Cake via Shugary Sweets
Pecan Cheesecake Pie via Inside Bru Crew Life
What do you think of these turkey cupcakes?