Easy Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Easy Easter Bunny Cupcakes: Topped with rich buttercream, shredded coconut, and common Easter candies. A quick and easy Easter dessert that kids will love!
Growing up we always made a bunny cake for Easter. It was basically one round cake with the second round cake cut out to resemble ears/a bow tie.
My Grandpa was the only one who could make it resemble an actual bunny. If I tried to make one today I’d probably just hack away at it until nothing was left LOL!!
However, these Easter Bunny Cupcakes are so easy and nearly fool proof!
Best of all these bunny cupcakes are decorated with common household candies like chocolate chips and marshmallows- no special craft store trick required!
- For the Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- For the Frosting
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Giant Size Marshmallows
- Pink Sanding Sugar Sugar
- 12 pieces of Edible Easter Grass or Rips Whips Candy Strings
- 24 Pink Chocolate Chips (Mini M&Ms would work great too!)
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar a little at time adding milk as needed.
- Frost cupcakes and top with shredded coconut.
- Cut the marshmallows diagonally to make resemble the bunny's (48) ears. Sprinkle the sticky side with pink sugar.
- Diagonally cut the marshmallows to resemble (24) bunny mouths.
- Cut Easter grass or candy strings into ~1" pieces to resemble whiskers.
- Use remaining icing to glue prepared ears, and mouth onto cupcake.
- Add a pink chocolate chip or M&M as a nose and 2 mini chocolate chips as eyes.
Easter Goodies from Blogs I Love:
Easter Marshmallow Bark via Fake Ginger
Malted Gooey Cake Bars via Crazy For Crust
Peanut Butter Easter Chicks via Inside Bru Crew Life
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs via Love Bakes Good Cakes
Carrot Cake Cookies via Cooking Classy
What do you think of these bunny cupcakes? What is your favorite Easter tradition?