Adapted from the recipe in The Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanna Fluke
I always thought nothing would ever replace my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. However, this chewy, fudgy cookie comes very close. Cocoa and chocolate chips make it oh so chocolatey! Also, the whipping cream and sour cream make them super moist (almost cake like!).
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups of brown sugar,packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (1 bag)
1.Mix butter,brown sugar, egg, and oil. The recipe recommends using a mixer, however I did it by hand with no problem.
2. Mix in sour cream and whipping cream.
3. Mix in vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
4.Add cocoa powder.
5.Add the flour a little at a time. Then stir in chocolate chips.
6. Refrigerate dough for one hour. Grease or spray pans with non-stick spray.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto pan (I used a cookie scoop).
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Mine took 9 minutes. If you can lightly tap the cookies without getting any on your fingers, they’re done!
9. Let them sit on the pan for 3-4 minutes, or until set.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups (one package) of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1. Using a double boiler or saucepan melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly so it doesn’t scorch.
2. Stir in the milk, and cook 2 more minutes or until its spreadable.
3. Frost your cookies quickly, this frosting will turn fudge-like quickly!