Crockpot Baked Beans with bacon: Sweet, spicy, and smokey baked beans simmered low and slow in the crockpot.
Baked beans are something we have at every summer picnic in my family. From Memorial Day, to Labor Day we serve baked beans at every family gathering.
Our “secret” family recipe usually simmers in the oven for 2 or 3 hours. I’ve found a long cooking time allows all the delicious flavors to come together.
During the summer, having the oven on for 2-3 hours is not at the top of my “List of things I enjoy”. So I decided to try a new version: Crockpot Baked Beans.
The Crockpot Baked Beans worked out perfectly and was full of flavor. Best of all it cooks low and slow while you relax in your A.C.! Second best: It has bacon! 🙂
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Sweet Onion, Diced (Grab a Vidalia if you can!)
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced (Any color)
- 4 Medium Cans Pork and Beans (or any canned beans you like)
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Mustard (I used spicy brown)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- Saute onion and pepper until tender.
- Brown ground beef. Drain off excess grease. Then combine with onion/peppers.
- Add beef and vegetables into your crockpot. Add all the remaining ingredients (except for the bacon). Stir well.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Roughly chop and add to the top of the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Other Cookout Favorites you may enjoy:
Brilliant Bean Recipes I love (including desserts yes desserts!!):
Southwest Black Bean Casserole via Pinch Of Yum
Sweet Potato, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas via Averie Cooks
Black Bean Quinoa Salad via Damn Delicious
Black Bean Cookies by Eliza’s Edibles
Chick Pea Cookie Dough Dip via Chocolate Covered Katie
What do you think of these Crockpot Baked Beans? Have you ever tried making crockpot baked beans?