Copycat Cosmic Brownies: Thick, fudgy brownies smothered in silky smooth chocolate ganache, and topped with M&M candies.
I always hear adults talking about how busy kids are today. From sports, to music lessons, and even karate it seems like they are always headed somewhere.
However, I don’t think this is a recent phenomena. Every Tuesday I had to rush from dance class, to soccer. This inevitably resulted in having to eat dinner in the car.
My typical meal was a toaster pizza (an actual pizza made in the toaster). Oh how I miss those! I also usually grabbed either zebra cakes or cosmic brownies from the vending machine.
No matter how hard I try I can’t ever recreate that toaster pizza. But I can create an even more delicious version of Cosmic Brownies. My version is thick and ultra fudgy. They’re also made with m and ms instead of unidentified candy bits (unless you’re into that).
Copycat Cosmic Brownies Recipe
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter (1½ Sticks),
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Tightly Packed
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Un-Sweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup M&M Minis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil. Spray with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Then whisk in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add flour gradually, until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Heat heavy cream in a medium sauce pan. Add chocolate chips. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Pour ganache over brownies. Smooth with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms. Refrigerate until the ganache has set.
Cosmic Brownies Recipe Adapted via: Averie Cooks
You May Also Enjoy:
Brownie Recipes from Bloggers I love:
Dulce De Leche Brownies via Grandbaby Cakes
Brownie Gooey Bars via Crazy For Crust
Turtle Brownies via Averie Cooks
Better Than Crack Brownies via How Sweet Eats
Smores Brownies via Prevention RD
What do you think of these Copycat Cosmic Brownies? What is your favorite childhood snack?