Copycat Big Mac: Thin patties on a triple decker bun topped with cheese, onion, and of course the secret Big Mac Sauce.
We never ate much fast food when I was growing up. However, this all changed when we went on vacation.
From the Ohio Animal Park to the beach in Delaware we stopped at every McDonald’s along the way.
I am a fries girl ,but my Mom’s favorite was always the Big Mac (usually while driving with her knees and dropping pickles everywhere).
Looking to create a Copycat Big Mac at home? This version tastes exactly the same and is even a little healthier! Plus you can make it in the comfort of your own home in less than 15 minutes. I’ve waited in the drive through line longer than that!
Copycat Big Mac – Double Decker Burgerlicious
- (2) Thin Hamburger Patties
- 1 and ½ Sesame Seed Buns
- 1 Slice of American Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Special Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 Teaspoon Onion, finely diced
- ¼ Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Dill Pickle Slices
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ Cup Miracle Whip
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons French Dressing
- ½ Tablespoon Sweet Relish
- 2 Teaspoons Dill Pickle Relish
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Onion, Dried
- 1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Ketchup
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix all special sauce ingredients until well blended. Microwave 25 seconds.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
- Lightly toast one and a half buns (2 bottoms).
- Season hamburger patties with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 1-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- On the first bun bottom add ½ Tablespoons of the Special Sauce, ½ Teaspoon Diced Onion, ⅛ Cup Shredded Lettuce, Cheese, and one Hamburger Patty.
- Top the middle bun with the same items mentioned above (excluding cheese). Top with bun top.
You may also enjoy:
Burger Recipes from Blogs I love:
1. Carmelized Onion & Portobello Sliders via Averie Cooks
2. Green Chili Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders via Damn Delicious
3. Shallot and Mushroom Turkey Burgers via The Roasted Root
4. Cheddar Bacon Ranch Sliders via Inside Bru Crew Life
5. Bacon Pineapple Burgers via How Sweet Eats