Fiesta Lime Chicken (Applebees Copycat): Juicy chicken topped with melty cheese and spicy pico. The most delicious thing you can do with chicken in 30 minutes!
A wise blogger once said:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a blank canvas. And they totally are! You can bake them, fry them, grill them ,you name it!
This is one of the MOST flavorful things you can do with chicken. The chicken features a tangy marinade, flavorful sauce,and spicy pico! It is a fiesta in your mouth!
I like making this on the outdoor grill, but if it is getting chilly where you are no worries! A grill pan, or even a cast iron skillet will do just fine.
- For the Fiesta Lime Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic
- ½ Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Tequila (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- For the Sauce
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon Parsley, Dried
- ¼ Teaspoon Hot Sauce, If Desired
- 2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
- For the Pico De Gallo
- 3 Toma Tomatoes (Seeded and Roughly Chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (Stems/Seeds removed, Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- Salt, To Taste
- In a plastic baggie combine water, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, garlic, tequila,Worcestershire sauce, and ginger. Place chicken into baggie and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- For the sauce
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, milk, cajun seasoning, parsley, and hot sauce. Refrigerate until needed.
- For the Pico De Gallo
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, and jalapeno. Add lime juice, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease outdoor grill or grill pan. Heat to medium high. Cook chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- During the last few minutes or cooking, spread chicken with sauce and top with shredded cheese.
- Top chicken with pico de gallo right before serving.
Fiesta Lime Chicken adapted via Blog Chef
Fiesta Lime Chicken Tips:
- Adjust the heat in this recipe by adding more or less cajun seasoning and hot sauce. I also like to enjoy with a dollop of sour cream on the top to cool things down.
- You can sub Greek Yogurt for the sour cream in the sauce.
- Be sure to throw away and unused marinade.
Winner winner chicken dinners from blogs I Heart:
Southwest Chicken Chowder via Shugary Sweets
Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets via Fake Ginger
Southern Smothered Chicken via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of this fiesta lime chicken recipe? What if your favorite thing to do with chicken breasts?