Bailey’s Hot Chocolate: Rich and creamy hot chocolate with a boozy kick. You’ll never want regular hot chocolate again!
Dear Blog Reader (yes YOU there),
I love you more than words can explain, and seriously feel like we’re internet best buds. But, sometimes I’m really glad…
that you can’t see me! Today is one of those days. The weather can’t make up its mind. My hair is frizzy, I’m wearing Cookie Monster Sweat pants, and flip flops. I’m going to sleep with the window open, fan on, leg out, and waking up freezing halfway through the night. And rinse and repeat.
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate, Roughly Chopped (I used Semi Sweet Chocolate)
- ½ Cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Syrup and Whipped Cream, If Desired For Garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 cups of milk with heavy cream. Stir in chopped chocolate, until completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and Baileys.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate if desired.
Bailey’s Hot Chocolate Tip:
- I wouldn’t suggest using anything besides whole milk here, although you might be able to get away with 2% if that is what you are used to drinking.
Bailey’s Hot Chocolate Trivia Tidbit:
- Hot Chocolate dates back to the ancient Mayans who used cornmeal, chili peppers, and cocoa seeds. Spicy and sweet clearly they were ahead of their times!
Hot Chocolate Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
What do you think of this Bailey’s Hot Chocolate?