Buffalo Chicken Soup
It’s not that I don’t WANT a yummy comforting meal at the end of the day. It’s just that I don’t always have time/energy to get one on the table.
Between errands, care taking duties, and work it can sometimes be easier to just order takeout.
One of my favorite ways to speed dinner up is to use some prepared ingredients. One of the most flavorful out there is your grocery store’s rotisserie chicken!
That’s why I was thrilled to see that fellow blogger Trish over at Mom on Timeout created a cookbook dedicated to unique new ways to use it.
Her book 100 Creative Ways To Use Rotisserie Chicken has quickly become one of my favorites.
The Chapters Include:
- Casseroles, Bakes, and More
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- 20 Minute Dinners
- Handheld Favorites
- Slow Cooker Creations
- Comfort Foods
- Savory Sandwiches
- Sensational Salads
- Slurpable Soups
Recipes I’m excited to try:
- Cornbread Taco Bake (with french fried onions, I dieee!)
- Chicken Nachos Supreme
- Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Mexican Manicotti
- Chicken Ranch BLT Wrap
The recipe that I wanted to try right first was this Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe. It is total comfort food! Warm, creamy, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
It takes all my favorite buffalo flavors, and puts them into a bowl of slurpable goodness!
Hearty Buffalo Chicken Soup Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Carrot, Diced
- ½ Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Stalk Celery, Diced
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 32 Ounces Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Buffalo Sauce, or To Taste
- 1½ Cups Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ½ Cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in carrot, onion, and celery. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour in chicken broth and milk. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in buffalo sauce and cheeses until melted.
- Stir in chicken and cook for 5 more minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with additional buffalo sauce and bleu cheese crumbles if desired.
Craving more soups?
Cheesy Potato Soup aka Queso Soup
Soup recipes from blogs I heart:
Slow Cooker Zuppa Tuscana via Mom on Timeout
Pizza Minestrone Soup via Inside Bru Crew Life
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of this Buffalo Chicken Soup? What’s your favorite way to use Rotisserie Chicken?