Chewy fudge brownie cookies, topped with peanut butter icing, and a milk chocolate drizzle.
Buckeyes are one of my favorite holiday treats. They’re also one of my Grandparent’s favorite treats from back when they did the holiday baking. I love bringing back those fond holiday memories for them!
However, I never really never bother to make buckeyes any other time of year.
While they’re delicious, let’s be honest they’re a pain to make. Rolling 75 peanut butter balls and then dipping them in chocolate can be very time consuming.
I wanted to capture that classic holiday flavor combination (and those warm fuzzy feelings!) in cookie form. Here is what I came up with!
- 1 Box Fudge Brownie Mix (19.5 Ounce)
- ¼ Cup Butter, Melted
- 4 Oz. (1/2 of an 8 Oz. Block) Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Ounces of Chocolate Candiquik
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- In a separate medium bowl mix peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely combined. Roll into "24" 1 inch balls. Set aside.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes
- When your cookies are done immediately press a peanut butter ball into the center of each cookie. Cool cookies on pan for around 5 minutes.
- Melt Candiquik in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon around ½ tablespoon of chocolate over each cookie.
Adapted via Tastes of Lizzy T
You May Also Enjoy:
Peanut Butter Treats from Bloggers I Follow:
1. Homemade Peanut Butter Oreos via Crazy For Crust
2. Peanut Butter Cookie Pie via Averie Cooks
3. Peanut Butter Oreo Bars via Inside Bru Crew Life
4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins via Damn Delicious
5. Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies via Cooking Classy