Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for this season’s Jenny Packham’s show, complemented the designer’s stunning collection by creating a modernized vintage makeup look inspired by the “golden age” of cinema, when women defined Hollywood glamour. The look is for a confident bride who is not afraid of style and wants to make an impact in a beautiful, feminine way.
1. Prep the skin skin with Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 ($50). Then, add Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating ($32) to the T-Zone and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance ($32) to the outer areas of the face.
2. Next, apply Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 ($45)and cover any problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22).
3. Use Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Fresh Ginger ($24) to contour the cheek bones. Then, apply Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper ($24) along the cheek bones. Next, dust the apples of the cheeks with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Barely Pink ($24).
4. Set with Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder ($35).
Simple Eyes Tutorial: Various textures on the eyes gave a clean, vintage look. The goal was bring out the eyes’ natural beauty. Talia reinvented the vintage look when models used to wear gloss or shine on their eyelids to give that extra pop.
1. Apply Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Dusk and Gold Dust ($22 each). Next, dab the lid with Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Lychee ($30) then tap Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star ($22) on to illuminate the eyes.
2. Apply Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Cotton ($24) to the lower lash line using the Laura Flat Eye Liner Brush ($25). Finish with Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($24).
Romantic Lips Tutorial: Natural, rosy lips to bring the look together.
Apply Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plumberry ($26) from the center of the lips out to create a flirty look.
Ever wanted to ask a makeup artist a question? Here’s your chance!
This Wednesday, October 17 from 1 – 2 pm EST, Talia Shobrook will be participating in a live Laura Mercier Twitter chat. Talia will be answering your makeup questions & talking about runway, bridal and overall beauty trends from Laura Mercier’s Fall collection! Make sure to include the hashtag #LMFallTrends