Bacon Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese: Creamy cheesy pasta loaded with crispy bacon and spicy jalapenos. Your favorite bar food turned into a decadent main dish!
You know what really grinds my gears?
I mean besides:
a. Crying kids at the supermarket
b. People who chew loudly (I want you to enjoy my food, but can you do it more quietly? Puh-lease!)
c. The constant stream of political posts on Facebook. Can it just be Christmas urgh!
What really grinds my gears is mac and cheese recipes with just a few little things thrown in. You can’t just put a slice of bacon in regular Mac and Cheese, and call it bacon mac and cheese.Uh-uh!
That is why I didn’t hold back on this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese recipe. Go big or go home (seriously go take that crying child home, I’m trying to browse the limited edition Chips Ahoy).
- 1 Pound Dried Pasta (I used Campanelle)
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 8 Ounces Velveeta Cheese, Cubed
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Pound Bacon, Diced
- 5 Jalapenos, Ribs and Seeds Removed, Sliced
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cook pasta according to the box directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan cook bacon until crisp. Drain grease, reserving ~1 Tablespoon. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Saute jalapenos for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in milk until heated.
- Stir in velveeta, cream cheese, and shredded cheese. Stir until cheeses are completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in bacon and jalapeno. Toss with pasta until combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of butter with bread crumbs. Pour over pasta.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese Adapted via I’m Bored Let’s Go
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Mac And Cheese Trivia Tidbits:
- The World Record for eating Jalapeno Poppers is 118 in 10 minutes!
- Campanelle is Italian for little bells.
Craving more cheesy recipes?
Mac and Cheese Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese via Shugary Sweets
Baked Southern Mac and Cheese via Grandbaby Cakes
French Onion Mac and Cheese viaDinner Dishes Desserts
What do you think of this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese? What is your biggest pet peeve?