Confession: During the winter months, I get horrible dry skin. To compensate I lather on lotions and body butters. However, the solution for my dry, itchy scalp (and yes I’ll admit it dandruff) is less obvious to me.
I’ve never tried dandruff shampoos before. My hair has too many other problems (frizzy, dry, damaged). Therefore, I chose products that would try to help fix those issues instead.
Recently I had a chance to try the new Aveeno Nourish and Dandruff control line and I have to say I’m impressed!
Aveeno says:Mild cleansing formula combines naturally-derived oat with pyrithione zinc, an anti-dandruff ingredient that combats dandruff to revive the hair and scalp
Aveeno Nourish and Dandruff Control Review
Best for: Those with dandruff and dry hair.
Avoid it if: You prefer lots of lather.
What I loved:
1. Effective: After the first use my scalp felt less itchy. Within a week I was completely flake free!
2. Scent: It had a clean, fresh scent. I was thinking a dandruff shampoo might smell more medicated than my Grandpa’s pain cream, but it didn’t!
3. Cleans well: I never knew how much product buildup my old products were giving me, until I used these. My hair felt so much lighter, weightless almost.
4. Moisturizing: I really like that it could address both my dandruff issues and my dry hair. After use my hair felt soft and smooth.
What I didn’t like:
1. They didn’t lather much. Just as a personal preference I like lather!
Disclaimer: I got a sample of Aveeno’s Nourish and Control Line. All opinions are my own.