Apple Pie Cupcakes: Tender cinnamon cupcakes filled with a tart apple pie filling. Enjoy all the flavors of apple pie, in the palm of your hand!
Looking for something different for Thanksgiving dessert?
Maybe you’ve found my current offerings to be not your cup of tea?
a. Pecan Pie Cheesecake: Too sweet? No such thing I say!
b. Pecan Pie Cake: Too much work? SO worth it!
c. Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes: Too small? Eat 2!!
I can’t really think of an argument against making these Apple Pie Cupcakes! They taste like apple pie in cupcake form! I made the cupcakes and apple pie filling from scratch. However, if you’re short on time (Or pans!), feel free to use shortcuts.
- For the Apple Pie Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1¾ Cups White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- For the Apple Pie Filling
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Medium Apples (I used Granny Smith), Peeled, Cored, and Diced
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- For the Frosting
- 4 Sticks Butter, Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 6-8 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 5-6 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- Caramel Sauce, If Desired
- For the Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour a little at a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cool, cut a small circle out of the center of each cupcake.
- For The Apple Pie Filling
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add apples, sugars, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in water and cornstarch, and cook until thickened.
- Add ~1/2 tablespoon of apple pie filling to each cupcake. Replace cupcake "lid" that you cut out earlier.
- For the Vanilla Buttercream
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Alternate with milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe onto cupcakes. Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
Apple Pie Cupcake Recipe adapted from Craving Chronicles
Apple Pie Cupcake Shopping Tips:
1. Boxed cake mix or canned apple pie filling will work in a pinch!
2. These cupcakes would also be wonderful topped with homemade or store bought whipped cream.
Apple Pie Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Apple Pie Doughnuts via Shugary Sweets
Apple Pie Pancake Muffins via Sugar Dish Me
Apple Pie Lasagna via Beyond Frosting
What do you think of these Apple Pie Cupcakes? What are you making for Thanksgiving dessert?